Welcome to my Day dreams...

Thanks for stoppin' in and welcome to my Day Dreams.

I am a former educator turned PhD student and avid foodie. This blog contains my thoughts regarding all of these areas of my life. Take your time, browse around, and hopefully you'll find something you like. --Love, Katy

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Summer time and the livin's easy...

Good mornin yall!
I know it's been awhile-I apologize. Between the end of the last semester (that was a doosey and a half) and my beginning of summer travels, I've been constantly on the go.

I made it through my first year! YAYYY It was definitely challenging, but I am really enjoying what I am doing. Some times I still get frustrated-wishing I could do more and know my end result right now. I think this comes from being a do-er. Just have to keep reminding myself that it's a one step at a time kind of thing.

In the meantime, I have two great jobs this summer. One is very statistical-keeping some of my skills up :). The other is intervention driven and with people I really enjoy working with. All in all, super psyched! I'm still hoping I can find a full assistantship for next year. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

So now that we have caught up on the business side of the summer-to the fun side.
So far, this summer has been super fun. Jess, Edson, and I went down to spend time with Mom for her birthday and made so much delicious food and went to a braves game! Here are some pictures:




I was then able to get to the beach with my friends Ashley and Jeff which was so, so, so appreciated. Had great food, great laughs, saw some awesome turtles, and got some (if not too much) sun. Ash had the camera- so I'll have to update those pictures later :).

I also participated in the Race for the Cure with the Cureminator team for the second year in a row. We had over 20 members this year and it was an incredible experience. Especially because my mom did her first 5K with us! Jenni is an amazing team leader and we so appreciate that. The race has such meaning and so many of us have been affected by this disease. Let me tell you all about something that happened that day. We all went to chicfila after the race to eat breakfast. There was a man in the line who talked to me. He thanked us for running that morning. He said that he had lost three members of his family to breast cancer and that it warmed his heart to see us that morning. I just thought that was a really special moment in a vast array of special moments that day. Mom and I ended up making it on the nightly news (much to our dismay- since we were sweaty, gross, and crying) and you could see our team very clearly crossing the starting line together on the replay of the race. All in all-amazing. Go Cureminators!



I also was so lucky to have a visit from the Kinnairds when they were in town for Shelby's annual appointment. I know it's a long trip for them but I just loved getting to spend time with them. We went to the museum of Life and Science in Durham and the pool. It's so fun to see the next generation of us. Between all the babies on both sides of the family-it's just a constant reminder of how blessed we are. Cuteness everywhere.





There are many more fun things coming up this month. Will keep you informed. In the meantime have a great Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment