Welcome to my Day dreams...

Thanks for stoppin' in and welcome to my Day Dreams.

I am a former educator turned PhD student and avid foodie. This blog contains my thoughts regarding all of these areas of my life. Take your time, browse around, and hopefully you'll find something you like. --Love, Katy

Friday, January 6, 2012

Duck Fat and Pimento Cheese

So, I have to share with you all that I had an amazing burger last night.

I mean, so amazing that after reheating it this evening I ate the cheese off the napkin that was sitting on top of said reheated burger because I didn't want to miss any of it.

Where was this burger you say?  


Bull City Burger and Brewery

My dear friend, Jenni, took me to this wonderful place.  The ingredients are fresh, farm-raised, hand-made.  They have a few options for pre-made burgers, but lots of options to build your own (including gluten free buns!).  I had a burger with pimento cheese (honestly, I think any other cheese just doesn't cut it on a burger anymore), pickles, and their special BCBB sauce (made with tarragon-YUM) and...wait for it... duck fat fries with rosemary and sea salt.

To...Die...For

Granted, a little on the pricier side.  Seriously, though, I'm not supposed to be eating burgers every week anyway!  It was well worth it.  You can taste the freshness of the meat and the home-brewed beer (I had the black lager-so light for such a dark beer) just set it all off.  Let me tell you this, their other fresh cut fries were also delicious, so my only other recommendation is bring a friend so that you can have both kinds!

Next time you want a burger-check it out! I'm rootin' for them!









No comments:

Post a Comment