Welcome to my Day dreams...

Thanks for stoppin' in and welcome to my Day Dreams.

I am a former educator turned PhD student and avid foodie. This blog contains my thoughts regarding all of these areas of my life. Take your time, browse around, and hopefully you'll find something you like. --Love, Katy

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Couldn't have said it better

It's been a long, interesting week for me personally.  Komen's defunding of planned parenthood, election of Karen Handel a few months ago, and I'm just now hearing word of defunding stem cell research has left me angry, disappointed, sad, and so conflicted.  I honestly have felt cheated.  I've had some pretty heated conversations with some over this issue and within myself trying to make sense of all this.  Yet, I've still been struggling with the words that actually describe what this has all meant to me.

Then I saw this.  This woman says it better than I ever could.

(She also gives a disclaimer, but I want to reiterate that there are some graphic, but real images within this video.  But it is a real look into breast cancer.)

Heroic Woman Speaks About What Breast Cancer Means to Her



So where do we go from here?  I'm still figuring it out but first of all, I pray, send good vibes, and love to this woman and all of those struggling with this disease and to those that love them.  Second, I really hope that as people, we can set aside our differences and continue to stay focused on helping experts find a cure for this and other diseases, like AIDS, lung cancer, Alzheimers, MS, etc.  Third, I will continue to support breast cancer research, but I am still conflicted as to how I can support Komen without some major, major changes in their organization.  Thus, I will be more focused on looking into supporting others like the Breast Cancer Research Foundation. 

Thank you to this woman and all of those who are fighting this and other diseases.  Hopefully, we (I) can do more to support you and take care of each other.  








No comments:

Post a Comment