Welcome to my Day dreams...

Thanks for stoppin' in and welcome to my Day Dreams.

I am a former educator turned PhD student and avid foodie. This blog contains my thoughts regarding all of these areas of my life. Take your time, browse around, and hopefully you'll find something you like. --Love, Katy

Saturday, August 24, 2013

A summer to remember!

What a summer! Last school year was tough! I took my comprehensive exams from January to March and had a revision for one of my questions that I had to work on from end of April to the beginning of June.  Comps are a wretched process! Just takes over your life, but I had a lot of people always checking in on me and pulling me through.  Pat and I moved in together the week before they were due.  He was clutch BOTH times through comps-keeping me sane, always staying positive, and making coffee runs to Dunks.  I'll find out the final outcome in a few weeks-crossing fingers!

So, as I mentioned above, we started out the summer by moving in together.  We love our new place-it is so quiet and peaceful and I love sitting out on the porch with Darce-monster.  That first weekend we were visited by my cousins, my mother, and my siblings.  Here's our birthday dessert for mom:


Pat has spent the summer perfecting his mojito recipe-the perfect mix was found the last night of the Stanley Cup when Pat's brother and sister-in-law came into town.  Bruins lost :( but we had such a fun night!  I got to see my cousins again as they came in for their daughter's surgery at Duke, which went so well! I also got to spend time with my friends' new daughter, who is super cute and so snuggly.  In addition to working at the office, I wrote my first, first-author article which I just submitted yesterday (crossing fingers that it gets accepted).  We also gave Pat's store a facelift, as well as our new bedroom.  I hung up a hummingbird feeder in the back and now we have 6+ hummingbirds that whirl around outside every day and I love it.  Darcy and the hummingbirds are very intrigued by each other.

Pat played hockey all summer long and they actually won their championship game this week!

Towards the end of the summer, I was also able to run to the beach twice which was amazing.  There's just something about getting out there that just lets the craziness of the year wash away.  The first trip was with my mother and we went down to see my brother.  We had such a wonderful time! It was so good to see them both and to get Edson for a day on the beach!





SO much fun! Our second beach trip I'll detail more in my next post... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment