Welcome to my Day dreams...

Thanks for stoppin' in and welcome to my Day Dreams.

I am a former educator turned PhD student and avid foodie. This blog contains my thoughts regarding all of these areas of my life. Take your time, browse around, and hopefully you'll find something you like. --Love, Katy

Sunday, June 29, 2014

The Peaceful Sounds of Silence

Good morning-

Today is one of those amazing mornings where I have had the luxury (and that's not an exaggeration) of taking my time and ambling through the first hour/hour an a half of my day.  Currently, I'm sitting in my kitchen, sipping my coffee out of my beautiful pottery mug given to us by one of my cousins at our wedding, hopefully eying our new birdfeeder to see if we have any takers, and my chinchilla and my pup laze in the background.  My husband sleeps upstairs and in the sounds of the silence (other than my tapping of the keys, of course) I'm just overcome with how lucky and happy I am in this moment.



Since my last post which chronicled one of the best days of my life (getting engaged to Pat), I have gotten married to my wonderful husband, passed and defended my comprehensive exams, passed my dissertation proposal, moved, and got to be part of a lovely wedding of an amazing friend.  Needless to say, it's been a whirlwind of a ride.  Our wedding was the most perfect day.  That's not to say that everything went perfectly, but it was perfect.  We had the most wonderful time with our huge families and great friends (as you can see from these pictures from our kickass photographer http://courtneypotterweddings.com/blog/2014/5/katy-pat-durham-arts-council-wedding).  Our honeymoon in Aruba was also such an amazing experience and I'm so glad that we made that happen. 




Looking ahead, there are so many things on the horizon.  Completing my degree, one day we'll look for a house and make our plans for expanding our family, celebrating my grandmother's 90th birthday, the marriage of some of my in-laws,  holidays and other celebrations, getting a job...  In between those, I have goals for decorating my house, getting back in the groove of staying in shape, reading some great material, staying in touch with those I love.  These are all so exciting (some are stressful), but here and now in the quiet, I just can reflect on them and think about them and feel lucky that I can do that before I take off running again.





No comments:

Post a Comment