Welcome to my Day dreams...

Thanks for stoppin' in and welcome to my Day Dreams.

I am a former educator turned PhD student and avid foodie. This blog contains my thoughts regarding all of these areas of my life. Take your time, browse around, and hopefully you'll find something you like. --Love, Katy

Thursday, April 29, 2010

How long til my soul gets it right?


They're still alive! Amazing... I always have such a hard time with plants--mostly because they don't tell me what they need--are you hungry? Do you need more sun? Less? OH! you're still there... forgot--since you make no noise.

Sometimes lately I feel like this is how I treat areas of my life. I feel like there are always so many things that I should be managing. How's my financial portfolio (or lack thereof)? Which people have I not contacted in an absurd amount of time? Have I made all of my yearly doctor's appointments, crap... I haven't worked out in three days. Yet, like my plants, these things aren't screaming for me to update them, contact them, etc. Sometimes I feel like I am scrambling just to keep it all afloat--watering areas of my life when they start to wilt rather than regularly tending to them so that wiltage (yeah, I made that word up) isn't even a possibility.

And props to all you parents out there-- how do you have the energy, much less the memory, to be taking care of all of these things for you AND your kids... although, at least they tell you when they need food.

Anyway, I can't say that I have this particular issue figured out. I'll let you know when I do... in the meantime, I'm going to go water the plants.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Katy....love this post because I know exactly what you mean. I certainly haven't figured out how to take care of everything successfully without there being "wiltage" somewhere. Hopefully one day, though. Keep up the blog, I enjoy reading these glimpses of what you've been thinking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great metaphor! And I feel guilty saying this, but occasionally when wiltage happens, I feel a tiny bit relieved that I don't have to water that area of life anymore. I'm going to go water my plants too now... thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete