Welcome to my Day dreams...

Thanks for stoppin' in and welcome to my Day Dreams.

I am a former educator turned PhD student and avid foodie. This blog contains my thoughts regarding all of these areas of my life. Take your time, browse around, and hopefully you'll find something you like. --Love, Katy

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Well June was a blur!

Hello Friends!

As I said earlier, June was a complete blur! I've been lucky enough to have an almost full time job (35 hours a week), plus a fabulous part time job that has been keeping me busy.  Also, June was full of catching up with friends, dog sitting, vacation, and wedding planning for my sister and her awesome fiancee, Mike.  So, I've barely had time to catch a breath (much less post), but not being able to catch a breath because you're having so much fun is definitely the kind of problem I like to have. 

Since I have finally downloaded all my pictures onto my computer, I hopefully will be able to upload a number of posts and not just cram it all in here.  So, let's cover the beach, first, shall we?

This year we were lucky enough to return to one of my favorite places in the whole world, Edisto Island, SC.

We were able to stay for a WHOLE week together.  The beauty of this place is that it's not touristy.  It's just you and your family: playing pictionary, laying on the beach, laughing, making food, relaxing, talking about life, sleeping to the sounds of the ocean--so great.  I especially loved the beach storms we had at the beginning of the week. 





How amazing is that?  The only thing better than listening to the waves while you're going to sleep is listening to a storm WITH the waves.

The house was so cute.  I love that Pat and my room had this cool little turtle art work.
Here is a picture of Pat and I on our porch.
We ate ourselves silly over the course of the week.  I am so lucky to be in a family that loves to cook (and eat) just as much as I do.  Here's some selections of things we made over the week:
 Pat and I had made steak tips from the night before for steak and eggs the next morning...yum!!
 This the lime tart I made.  SO good here's what it looks like when it's cut and polished ;)
This is my turtle face... which apparently I make when I'm cooking.
 Lemon ricotta pancakes with watermelon.

 Now I KNOW that I have no more room for kitchen tools in my teeny tiny kitchen, but I will say that this skillet made making pancakes for a large group SO much easier.


 This is my brother's shrimp and grits! Can't take credit for this one :)


I wish that I had pictures of everything we had.  Pat made burgers and hot dogs on the grill (which was a feat in an of itself to get that thing lit) per the request of my grandmother.  Mike made some bangin chicken as well as fried fish and brats (which are also delicious for breakfast in lieu of bacon or traditional breakfast sausage).  We also had beach peach pie, of course (you aren't at the beach if you haven't had peach pie!) and other things that I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Finally, a moment for some family shots and other shots from the trip:

 Pat and I went to the driving range one morning- it was so hot but tons of fun.  He's a good teacher and I got a free woman's gold club from some random guy who had one in his bag that he had bought at the Salvation Army.
 Mike's representin Pat in his absence at the end of the week.

 I love this picture of my Nana.  So glad that she and I got to spend so much time together (we were car buddies). 
 My brother is too cool for school.
Last morning before heading out.  Little teary.

Until next time Edisto-thanks for a great trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment