Welcome to my Day dreams...

Thanks for stoppin' in and welcome to my Day Dreams.

I am a former educator turned PhD student and avid foodie. This blog contains my thoughts regarding all of these areas of my life. Take your time, browse around, and hopefully you'll find something you like. --Love, Katy

Thursday, July 19, 2012

And this is what failure looks like

Ah, complacency-- Even happens to the best of us. 

 I've been making this lemon yogurt pound cake for a few years and thought that I would make it for a bake sale.  Well, what you're seeing is what happens when you take a pan out of the oven and instead of being a good little baker and letting it cool on a rack, you put it on the eye of the stove.  A few minutes later after you smell and then see the smoke that is rising from the middle of the cake, you realize that the eye was still on from where you made dinner. 
Sigh... the brown spots in the cake are from where it was burning up through the cake. 

It's like they tell carpenters-sometimes the worst mistakes (like losing a finger) come when you're actually getting better at what you do.

Stay sharp fellow bakers! Stay sharp!

And don't worry--I paid a lot more attention the next time around and it was delicious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment